Establishment of Brothers of Charity Services, Galway
The Brothers of Charity Services came to Galway for the first time in 1952, and currently provide a service to 570 adults and 463 children. A further 391 children are supported through Springtime Early Intervention Services in partnership with Enable Ireland and HSE West.
What We Do
The Brothers of Charity Services Galway provide a wide range of services to people with an intellectual disability and their families in Galway City and County. The services range from Early Intervention Services (Springtime) for young Children through to School Age Services and a variety of programmes for Adults, devised according to the level of support that individuals require and priorities that they identify. Services include educational, day, residential, respite, family support, a range of multidisciplinary support services and supports to individuals who live independently.
We support people to be valued citizens in their local community, to have ordinary life experiences and to be closely connected to family and friends. We are committed to supporting people to make choices about their lives and to the provision of quality services that meet people’s needs.
We aim to support each individual to:
- Live as independently as they wish
- Make their own decisions about how they live their life and access advocacy supports when needed
- Have innovative supports that meet their wishes
- Uphold their rights as citizens
- Be actively involved in their local community
- Have a network of family and friends in their life